THE PATH THROUGH THE GOD-MAN
The quickest of these High Roads lies through the God-man, who is
consciously one with the Truth. In the God-man, God reveals himself
in all His Glory, with His Infinite Power, Unfathomable Knowledge,
Inexpressible Bliss and Eternal Existence.
The Path through the God-man is available only to those fortunate ones
who approach him in complete surrenderance and unwavering faith.
Complete surrenderance to the God-man, is, however, possible only to
very advanced aspirants. But when this is not possible, the other
High Roads, which can eventually win the Grace of God, are:
1) Love for God and intense longing to see Him and to be united with Him.
2) Being in constant company with the saints and lovers of God and
rendering them wholehearted service.
3) Avoiding lust, greed, anger, hatred and the temptations for power,
fame and fault-finding.
4) Leaving everyone and everything in complete external renunciation,
and in solitude, devoting oneself to fasting, prayer and meditation.
5) Carrying on all worldly duties with equal acceptance of success or
failure, with a pure heart and clean mind and remaining unattached in
the midst of intense activity.
6) Selfless service of humanity, without any thought of gain or reward.
PATH OF LOVE, pp. 97-98
1986 © Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust