This New Life will live by itself eternally,
even if there is no one to live it.
THE GOD-MAN, C. B. Purdom, p. 187
1971 © Meher Spiritual Center, Inc.
THE NEW LIFE
- The New Life Quote
- This New Life will live by itself eternally, even if there is no one to live it.
- Song Of The New Life
- Listen to the silent words of Meher Baba;
The life story of all lovers of God is based on the practice of these words.
- In The New Life...
- Under all circumstances those of you who really succeed in remaining with me to the end will become worthy to be worshipped by me.
- The New Life Begins
- Early on October 16th, while it was still dark, the car driven by Sarosh came to fetch us. Baba and the women companions drove in the car. It was raining.
- Baba And The Companions Set Out
- Long before the city had awakened, Baba and the companions walked a short distance beyond the level railway crossing and Baba gestured for them to stand behind Him and observe silence. He knelt down and solemnly touched the earth with His hands and then his forehead.
- In My New Life I Am The Seeker, The Lover And The Friend
- Both these aspects Perfect Divinity and Perfect Humility have been by God's Will and both are everlastingly linked with God's eternal Life.
- I Love You As You Are
- The merits or the weaknesses of His followers and lovers did not matter much to Baba.
- The New Life Is Endless
- In the New Life Baba exemplified love and obedience most of all. Today, after dropping His body, how should His lovers go about achieving these two tenets?
- The Purest Expression Of Selfless Service
- One who lives the New Life helps others in breaking the sanskaric chain, and this help to others is really the purest form of selfless service to the world.
- Blueprint For 'The New Life'
- The New Life alone or Meher Baba's entire life are models for humanity to emulate.
- A Beautiful Pageant Being Enacted Before Us
- All the companions were dressed in their white robes and dark-green turbans.
- Parade Of Animals
- Some inquired if the companions belonged to a circus troupe!
- Begging In The New Life
- The method of begging varied according to Baba's dictates.
- Consumed In The Fire Of Love
- My Fiery Life is based on this Love by which the Lover is lost in the Beloved after being consumed in the fire of Love.
- The Aim Of The New Life
- The aim of the New Life is to achieve Eternal Freedom, the God state, through the medium of burning in love and longing for God.
- Absolute And Perfect Renunciation
- If any one asks you what this New Life is, say, "Absolute and perfect renunciation."
- He Himself Would Make Us Laugh!
- In His beautiful way Baba made the atmosphere light and cheerful.
- Live A New Life Now
- Live a new life now. Completely forget the past and leave it aside.
- Serving Baba In His Own Special Way
- Within a short time, the companions who had been subsisting on the fare obtained by begging, were being served the most delicious repasts by Todi Singh's family.
- There Was No Escape
- In this path, a two-edged sword hangs over the heads of those for whom the Master has special love.
- They Remained Unaffected
- Without uttering another word, they offered bhiksha to Baba, a total stranger.
- In This Shoreless Ocean Of Infinite Knowledge
- We are all permanently lodged in this shoreless Ocean of Infinite Knowledge, and yet are infinitely ignorant of it.
- My First Real Birthday
- Bells and gongs were rung, drums beaten and guns fired.
- Even God Is Afraid Of The Naked!
- I want to be absolutely free from everything and everybody.
- Totally Helpless
- On the first day of the New Life of helplessness, "Indra's rain" rendered them totally helpless.
- Lost In Love And Love Alone
- My Fiery Life, which begins from November 15th  and ends at the end of April 1953, is based on this love by which the lover is lost in the Beloved, after being consumed in the fire of Divine Love.
- The World Did Not Exist
- On a month's notice, just one month, they turned their backs on everything and followed Baba. If they were able to do this, why should they care for anything else in the world?
- The Lord And The Slave
- That is how Baba was, the Lord and the slave; simultaneously a beggar on the street and the Lord of the universe.
- The Necessities Of The Occasion
- So, you see, a little discretion and a little intelligence were also used in the New Life to adjust our lives to the necessities of the occasion.
- His Mysterious Ways
- How Harjivan Lal was ever able to pinpoint the place to send his thoughtful gift, I still don't know but to all of us it was manna from heaven.
- The New Life Adventure
- You have resolutely set before us a love task that demands nothing less than one hundred per cent commitment to human life at its best.
- A Master Of Horses
- All during the New Life while we were walking on the road, the procession was headed by the white horse with Don (Donkin) leading him.
- Baba Prepared Himself To Go Begging
- Then, making a gesture of forgiveness, the ceremony came to an end, and Baba prepared himself to go begging.
- Our Part Was To Keep Cheerful And Happy
- Baba, in this New Life phase, living life in its different phases, holds up before us all the practical example of repentance, worship, prayer and service.
- Meher Baba In The Great Seclusion, part 5 of 11: On The Eve Of The Great Seclusion
- On June 21st, Baba had invited all his local disciples and devotees to be present at 7 o'clock sharp that morning to participate in what he said was the "purification ceremony" to keep the place free from maleficent spirits and evil influences.
- Meher Baba In The Great Seclusion, part 6 of 11: Active Vigilance
- Baba would ring for him at any odd hour of the day or night, if for nothing else, than to warn him to see that no disturbance of any kind took place.
- Meher Baba In The Great Seclusion, part 9 of 11: A Heart Speaks
- We think it desirable on more than one count to let Jal Kerawalla, whom we really owe this account, to round it up as far as the space allows, in his own words.
- Temptations Of Pursuing Selfish Ends
- Baba desires that all his Old Life followers should not give way to the temptations of pursuing selfish ends.
- The New Life Phase Begins
- A new way of living started from the very first day.
- Training Period At Belgaum
- In the afternoon, Baba discussed in the presence of all, the pros and cons of completing the training period at Belgaum.
- The Possessed Car
- You won't believe it, but the car jumped over many of these trees, and it jumped over rocks like a horse, I tell you!
- Religion And Politics
- From my point of view, all religions are great; but God is greater. In the same way, all political parties are, in their own way, noble, at least in their consciously accepted objectives.
- Our Ills And Our Remedies
- The one remedy of remedies which is recommended is spiritual understanding, which at once includes and supersedes all other forms of knowledge.
- One Month In Benares
- We could feel the atmosphere of piety which emanated from the people there, for the devout Hindus would go down to the river to bathe in the sacred Ganges to be purified.
- One Day Ram Did Pass By
- In the Hindu tradition they're enjoined in scriptures, writings and traditions always to give food to a person who comes to their door, never to refuse, for who knows, one day that someone might be Ram himself in the form of a man God in the form of man.
- Without A Cent In His Pocket
- He immediately went to see Baba and told Him about his attempted escape.
- In Their Determination To Stay
- Baba then asked the men companions to think again whether they wished to remain with Him, and all were unanimous in their determination to stay.
- The Great Seculsion
- The daily routine was carefully detailed, with time-tables, duty charts, and instructions for emergencies.
- Individual Efforts
- During the period between October 16th, 1949, and March 1st, 1950, I have committed consciously and deliberately one big mistake, and I want the companions to kick me so that God forgives me.
- Khumba Mela Work
- Baba explained that He was "contacting each holy man only once, not twice, and with this one physical contact, I will bestow such a gift unto them, which they would not have gained after centuries of penance and austerities."